Senior Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
Hawkes Group – Northampton
We do things differently.
Interested in joining our team?
The Hawkes Group is a leading independently owned, operating across the UK. We are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction. The Hawkes Group is a successful business which continues to evolve and grow. This is possible because of the high calibre of staff we employ.
Built on strong, robust finances, the Hawkes Group is a rapidly-growing, delivering both minor and major contracts, operating as a Specialist.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to take on commercial and contractual control of projects, predominately consisting of Demolition/civil engineering/groundworks (contract values up to £2m.) Start date is negotiable, however, we are keen to onboard someone ASAP in time for project commencements early 2018.
We are seeking an ambitious candidate with leadership ability, who is not only highly motivated to control the day-to-day commercial functions, but a ‘driver’ who can see the bigger picture and demonstrate the ability to create and develop and lead a team through collaborative working. As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will report directly to the Managing Director.
- Managing costs on a wide variety of new building projects and structures
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans
- Performing risk and value management and cost control
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Preparing and analysing costs for tenders
- Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded
- Appoint and administer sub-contractor to carry out works including subsequent agreement of final account
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
- Developing knowledge relevant to contract conditions and their applications
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Develop sub-contract enquiry documentation understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
- Day to day supervision of Site team.
- Liaise with the Buying departments as necessary
- Attend Client meetings and sub-contractor meetings
- Attend Design and Value Engineering Meetings
- Produce periodic cost reports
- Liaise closely with Site Management team in respect of day to day matters
- Liaising with Clients / Employers Agent / to agree interim valuations and final accounts
- Ensure that interim valuations are submitted and paid on time
The commercial function is an integral part of any construction team and to be successful in the role, a broad range of key skills are required, including: