Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
We do things differently. Interested in joining our team?
Built on strong, robust finances, the Hawkes Group is a growing construction company, delivering contracts, operating as a Specialist Contractor.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Estimator
- Responsible for preparation of Tender submissions for Civil Engineering projects
- Analyse subcontract, material and plant for best and complete value
- Attend mid and post tender interviews
- Cost planning
- Measuring & ‘Quantity Take-Off’
- Produce price & final summary for review
- Any other duties as may be required.
Experience/ Key Skills
- Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Experienced in working to SMM7, with knowledge of NRM2
- Ideally experienced in using CAD measuring systems
- Causeway would be an advantage but training will be given to the suitable candidate.
- Sound commercial acumen
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player.
You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers and have a personable character.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
- 26* days holiday. Please note, there is an annual Christmas shutdown, staff are required to hold days from their entitlement for this period. (*Plus 8 days Bank Holidays)
- Staff car park is currently available at our Office.
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme